It makes a lot of sense to do this.
- The project has all necessary drawing functions.
- There is active development.
- The project has been updated to current qt libraries.
- The project aims to bring DWG file format support. This is essential going forward.
- The code is functional and can be used right away.
- The code is amazingly well organized and clean. While more work is always needed in this area, this project surpasses anything I've ever seen.
Right now I am in the process of changing the essential files to reflect that I have forked the project. This includes changing/updating graphics, copyright statements, attribution, etc. This process will take some time, but I'll update as progress is made.